For information about joining the private Stock of the Day group, please send an e-mail to Paperprofit1@mac.com

Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The End of an Era, The Beginning of a Better One.

Have you been reading my blog over the last 3 years? have you enjoyed the honest and informative material in this blog? Perhaps you moved to the private group, enjoyed the discussion and the video tutorials for a modest, one time only contribution. Perhaps you have been watching one of my 3 weekly webinars for the yearly subscription of about $2 per webinar. Now, the group has grown to 150 members, all of them benefiting from a simple rule-based approach to trading options. I have offered my time and effort for free (minus my costs) with the hope that you’d Pay it Forward. Most of you have. I have learned of heart warming stories showing your commitment to the idea that the world could be a better place, if you do something really great and good for three of our fellow human beings in need. Although the commitment if for expanding this generosity to 3 other people, I have done it to >160 traders. I have done more than my part.

Now, it is time to move on. There are a few things I want to do, going forward to increase my group, and share knowledge with more of you. My goal is to reach 500 members. For this I need more capital for advertisement, resources to generate videos and coaching programs, and live seminars. I have found that I really enjoy my interaction with other traders, and teaching come very natural to me. I have found that my strongest instinct is the pursuit of mastery and my biggest joy is in sharing what I have learned. In order to grow, I am planning to create my own web site that would be subscription-based with webinars, tutorial videos, articles and forum discussion. If you are a member, or become a member before the web site is complete and functional, you will be a member for life and will have access to the forum and video tutorials for no additional costs (webinar fees still apply). Once the web site is in place, however, fees that are in sync with the quality and abundance of content will apply. So take advantage of this pre-launching offer as soon as possible.

It was Napoleon Hill who once said, and I paraphrase here, that people do not value a good or service that they acquire unless they pay for it. I still believe that sharing what you know is a labor of love, but N. Hill’s view have made me think a bit, but I can still keep the cost quite reasonable in order to share my views with the largest number of traders, so they could share with me too. I strongly believe that any trader will benefit from what I have to teach, even if they do not directly apply my methodology. However, I do understand that markets are difficult, and that you cannot always profit under all and any circumstance. So I do believe in teaching the good and the bad, so that the trader can be prepared for anything. To accomplish this, I cannot over-promise and under-deliver, like many “trading education” outfits do. Until now, I have thought that by not making it a business venture, I could avoid that trap. Salesmanship requires a representation of the best-case scenario. However, I think I can reach a balance in part because I have created a reputation of honesty and openness, in part because I will continue to keep fees to a minimum necessary to grow the group.

So be prepared, join soon if you can, and make suggestions now that the site is under development. If it continues to grow, I will keep making every effort to add features to the site and thus increase its value to the participants.

No comments:

EWI