For information about joining the private Stock of the Day group, please send an e-mail to Paperprofit1@mac.com

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Do you Know how to get Rich Trading?

I have been investing in the stock market since 1991, and trading options since 1995. It is undoubtedly an exciting way to spend your life, but is it really the way to riches?

You can generate a large amount of wealth in the stock market by being at the right please at the right time. For example, you could have worked for Microsoft in the 90’s and participate in their incentive options program, that would certainly be an easy way to a great deal of money, that could allow you to retire early. I made a fortune in a variation of this approach, but I wont give the details, I don’t want to brag or raise expectations.

To me today, the important question is: Is there a way to become wealthy enough to stop working and trade for a living? I have been in trading for a long time, and I don’t usually hear of those stories. For most of us, trading is a secondary way to generate income, and a very erratic way at that. When I started trading, I wanted to hit some home runs to grow my account quickly, to supplement my income from my business as a consulting Pathologist. Most professional traders (trade for a living), they are seeking a steady income to pay the bills with and to become successful enough to never worry about money. But is it become rich realistic? If I did not think so, I would not be doing it. In the process of finding an approach that would allow me to do that, I have come to understand a great deal about trading options. One of them is when you think a strategy is working well enough to make you rich, then the game changes, and you have to adapt. This is when knowledge comes in very handy.

The PCCRC is one of those promising strategies, but it is not the only one. In the current market environment, the biased (bullish) butterfly has proven to be effective, as long as you follow a set of rules for entry and exit. Becoming rich by trading is the dream of all who enter this endeavor. But if one can find a consistent approach to producing income while exploring other approaches then one has a better chance to run across that approach that can make one rich. Building a knowledge base, is undoubtedly the first step. Whenever someone promises to teach you how to trade, ask yourself: Has this guy become rich trading? if so, why would he be teaching his strategies? why should I follow him? I have taken many courses in the past, and the pattern is usually this: They give away some basic knowledge and some tricks, but I have never learned something that would make me rich by any courses I have taken. They are very guarded with their secrets, or they have no secrets at all. However, I have learned a lot by courses, reading books and attending free and paid seminars. There is a lot that forms the bulk of my trading knowledge, and I am willing to share that with you. Perhaps you can come up with the strategy that would make you rich, perhaps you’d be willing to share it with me.

The PCCRC produced great profits between 2005 and 2008, but I have to be quite honest, as I have always tried to be, and tell you that this year has not seen good profits. The paper trading account that I have been trading was worth fictitious $210,000 at the period of highest volatility in November 2008. During this year, the account has been around $193,000 with little change in either direction. While it is comforting to know that an unfavorable environment can not cause large losses, There are other approaches that could have cause great gains, as many stocks have gone up in unprecedented ways since the lows of March 2009. I for one have experienced great gains in bullish trades using the biased butterfly strategy. Does that mean that I would abandon the PCCRC? no, it is still the best strategy for most markets, just not one in which volatility is in the decline. In fact, one of my best trade this year is a PCCRC on AMZN, which I could not timely enter in my PCCRC trading account.

Far from quitting on the PCCRC, I feel very satisfied that it has provided me with much knowledge in the workings of Options, Volatility and time decay, technical analysis and the Elliott Wave theory, among other important concepts in trading. For the last year, I have been sharing that knowledge in my Basic of Options webinar. I have now accumulated 41 sessions most of them as long as 1hr 20min long.

Trading is a profession, and as such, you need to read a lot, study a lot and then gain experience either by fly simulation or by guided practice. Doesn’t it make sense to get as much from others as you possibly can? My webinars are not expensive, I started them with the philosophy of “Paying it Forward”. As I approach the first year of the webinars, I am likely to reach 45 webinars in one year. At a cost of $100 per subscription (likely to increase in the new year), you’d pay just $2.20 for webinar. This is a great gift to you, all you need to do is “Pay if Forward”. But there is more. If you were to join the Stock of the Day group ($200 one time contribution) and subscribe to the webinar series ($100), you will be included in the Stock of the Day II group, and thus have access to the entire collection of recorded webinars (41 webinars).

But hurry. Sometime in the new year, I will be unavailing my new web site. If you are a lifetime member, committed to “Paying it Forward”, you will have access to Discussion Forums on the PCCRC and basic of options. If you are a webinar subscriber, you will have access to the entire collection of videos, but understand that to do some of the things that I want to do to improve the service, I am preparing to make the web site a business, so costs will go up.

If you are willing to “Pay it Forward”, please join us NOW.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a beginner in this field, and is trying to learn about it. I liked all the points that you have mentioned to get rich trading. Thanks for posting all these useful points.
binary options

EWI